Monday, March 28, 2011

The farmhouse kitchen table

030

I adore this farmhouse kitchen table. We’ve actually owned this table for almost ten years, but were unable to fully utilize it until we moved to the homestead 2 years ago. The ends of the table are actually comprised of 2 leaves which spent the majority of their lives in storage. The moment we walked through that front door I fell in love with this room because I knew it would hold my beloved table in it’s entirety. This baby seats 12 and is a dream to have when entertaining (which we do regularly – wouldn’t you with that huge inviting table?)

039

This house is pretty well suited for entertaining guests. I love that the kitchen is open to both the living room and the dining room. That probably has something to do with why I spend so much time in my kitchen. It’s always right there beckoning me. And I never feel left out of what the others are doing when I’m in there. I can see everybody from my workspace.

040

This is the view from the kitchen open to the living room. The dining room is separated from the living room by the staircase. Beneath the staircase is a nice pantry that for the life of me I can’t figure out how I ever lived without it. These rooms are connected by a loop which goes from the front door all the way around and back to the front door on the other side. That loop has made for some interesting games of tag on rainy days. We love it here. I feel truly blessed and thank God for bringing us to this place. If you would like to see the house as it was before we started renovating, you can click here and here.

4 comments:

Berit said...

I love it! So casual yet beautiful. :) I love how it's not too formal to be used.

Melissa Price said...

Thanks, Berit! That's exactly how I feel about decorating. I don't want anything too fussy. I'm a practical gal - it must be, above all, useful!

Karen Sue said...

my dining room table belonged to my great grandma. I had it refinished and it can stretch longer than my space allows, but I have piled on it.shame on me

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh I love your table. It is so very pretty!! If we had the room I would love to have a farm table like that.Really like your blog. Glad I found it!