Thursday, April 15, 2010

Feeling pretty special…

 285

That sweet man of mine brought me roses today…

280

One dozen red ones, and a single yellow rose…

Because this is my absolute favorite song.

291

And as if that wasn’t thoughtful enough, he gave me these. Pretty scissors…

Because he said I used them so often he wanted me to have a pretty pair. My heart is so full.

My sweet husband noticed that I’ve been a bit discouraged lately with where I find myself physically. I’m a 31-year-old wife and mother who struggles to maintain good health. And who also struggles with daily pain. Don’t get me wrong - I know I am a blessed woman. God has lavishly blessed me beyond anything I could have ever asked for. And I trust him in the midst of this place I find myself. But, I am human. And some days I find it harder to put one foot in front of the other. That’s when He carries me. When He sends someone to be Jesus’ hands and feet to me. To minister to me, and wrap His arms around me. And He lets me know that He truly cares about me, and He knows just how fragile I am.

Yes, I trust Him. He is faithful. He is the Great Physician. He is able.

5 comments:

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Oh Melissa...I'm sorry to learn you're still in pain. I didn't realize that this was an on-going problem for you. You are a very lucky woman to have such a kind loving husband...what a wonderful surprise the flowers and scissors must have been. He reminds me of my own DH. Yes God certaily is the Great Physician and he will help you through this because you trust him and have faith in him. I am thinking of you and I hope that it won't be long until you are pain free again. Until then it's good to know your days are filled with the love of your family. Please take good care of yourself. MauraXX

ps...thank you for stopping by to visit Pricilla and Percy!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed that song...it's BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for putting that link in your blog. Maura :)

Melissa Price said...

Maura, I appreciate your enouragement. It is a great song, isn't it? I feel better every time I listen to it. I hope Pricilla and Percy are doing well. :)

Janean said...

melissa, i like what you said...He is ABLE. don't beat yourself up. health issues are very hard on us physically and emotionally.

your sweet hubby giving you roses and those wonderful scissors too!!

you amaze me that you also want to continue to cook fabulous food for your family instead of giving up. ((((((((gentle hugs for you))))))))

Melissa Price said...

Janean, I truly appreciate your encouragement. It warms my heart that people I don't even know personally would take the time to drop me a sweet note. I am especially thankful for this blogging community which helps me stay motivated! God's Peace, Melissa